An exchange student is a student (officially registered in a university or other institution for higher education abroad) who temporarily lives in a foreign country and attends courses or is involved in other academic activities. The exchange student does NOT get a diploma from UGent. However, the results of your exams or research period abroad are recognised afterwards by your home university. This academic recognition is crucial for exchanges. Important documents hereby are:

- the Learning Agreement
- the Transcript of Records


An international degree student applies and enrols as a regular student on the basis of a diploma obtained abroad. Important hereby is to check the admission requirements of the host university. Important documents are:

- Diploma
- Language certificates


Search website:
Last update on 02/03/2015 -
Management login
Site map